Sunday, June 5, 2011

I've Still Got It (I think)

I did it!!! I'm in my small scrap room doing the happy dances of joy!!  I figured out how to add my own blog template.  This took me several trials in photoshop and playing with the code, but it is now done.  I will still probably play with the fonts just a tad, but the hard part is complete and I got everything I wanted except for one small image that I can live without.

This past week has been full of job activity. 
  • I had one interview for a very small company to be their office manager/executive admin/benefits admin/payroll/and everything else.  They have called me back for a second interview which happens on Monday and I get to meet the entire team.  If I were to get offered the job, I would be the only female in the company, which is not a problem.  The few people I met on my first interview were awesome.  It is obvious these guys love their job and enjoy working for this company which is very encouraging.  I do have some concerns, but will wait to see what happens after tomorrow's interview.
  • I was given the name of a person at Dell and she gave me all of their open positions and told me to let her know which ones I was interested in.  I found 4 that matched my skill set and posted for them.  She in turn recommended me for all 4 positions and told me I should be hearing from the hiring managers to come in for interviews.  I would love to go back to Dell.  I worked there for over 12 years and loved it.  Unfortunately, I've been gone too long to be able to go back and get my seniority back, but that's okay.  I'm still waiting to hear back from Dell for interviews.
  • I was told by a friend that her husband gave my resume to his manager for review.  He is on a brand new team at HP and they are still hiring to build up the team.  Apparently his manager was very impressed with my credentials that she wanted it sent to HR for processing to bring me on board.  I have been told that a lot of departments at HP do this (find a good resource, bring them in to talk to them and then hire them on the spot).  I have yet to hear from HP regarding this position and just can't get excited about it because I don't want to be let down if nothing happens.
I'm leaving all of my job hunting in God's hand.  He has a plan for me and He will guide me on what I need to do.  I really want to go back to Dell or go to HP, but this small company may be where I'm supposed to be.  I'm also hoping I don't miss anything regarding job opportunities during the next 2 weeks.  I am leaving for Hawaii this week and will be gone for 10 days.  I have a small netbook that I am seriously considering bringing with me since my phone and iPad don't always get all of my emails.  I really didn't want to bring a computer, but I also don't want to take the chance of missing something important while I'm gone.  I'm even going to forward my home phone to my cell phone just to be on the safe side.  Normally when I'm on vacation, I leave all that behind me, but with the job market the way it is, I can't afford to miss an opportunity, so the netbook is getting lugged with me!

So with all the potential job activity and getting my blog template to work, I haven't really had a chance to work on any tangible crafts.  I have been very busy in my craft room, though.  I have been slowly converting all of my wood stamps (I have hundreds of them), to vinyl cling so I can use them on acrylic blocks.  This will give me quite a bit of extra space in my shelving unit.  I'm working on re-organizing everything and hopefully all of this work will give me just a bit more space.  Not too sure that's a good idea because then I'll just buy more "stuff" and fill it all up.  I tell you, I need to be part of a 12-step program!!!!

It is now time for me to go work on some more "wood stamp converting".  I also need to dig out my suitcase that is completely buried in one of my closets.  I need to measure it to make sure it isn't too big according to the airline luggage guidelines.  I don't want to have to pay extra for large, heavy luggage.  It's bad enough I have to pay $25 just to check luggage.  I'm going to see if I can cram everything in a carry-on, but I'm the ultimate girly-girl and don't think I can do it, but I'm going to try.

I am going to try and keep up with my blog while I'm in Hawaii and hopefully post some of my pictures while I'm there.

0 comments: