Sunday, June 19, 2011

Our 3rd day in Hawaii

African Tulip Tree on the Dole Plantation

We are staying on the North Shore and are about 10 minutes from Haleiwa.  This little town is a very trendy surf and swim town.  I can't wait to really scope it all out and check out the shops.  We tried a pizza place last night and today we went to a tiny hole-in-the-wall bakery that is known for their turkey sandwich.  The pizza was just okay, but those sandwiches and baked goods were really good.  We have all decided to eat out one meal a day and cook at the house the remaining meals to cut down on cost.  So far, our meal really haven't been all that expensive.

Today we went to the Dole Plantation.  It was really interesting to learn how long it takes to actually grow a pineable.  They also grow mangos, sugar cane and various plants.  It was really pretty.  Of course we had to try the pineapple ice cream.  It was good, but I don't think I would want to have it everyday.  I love my Blue Bell Milk Chocolate ice cream.  The rest of the day was spent hanging out at the house.  We are all still trying to acclimated to the time change.  It is really doing a number on me an my son.  Here are some pictures of some from our visit to Dole
FAQs on raising pineapples

Baby red pineapples

Mountain views from train on Dole Plantation

0 comments: