Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bitten by the Pinterest Bug

Oh how I love Pinterest.  I have found so many craft ideas, recipes and decorating tips on this site.  I had the most unproductive day in a while, I spent most of the day perusing Pinterest.  I just can't seem to get enough of it!

I actually found a centerpiece on Pinterest that would match my craft room perfectly.  Samantha Daggy is the creator of these centerpieces and she has an Etsy shop selling them.  I decided to try and make one of my own since I don't need 10 of them!  I purchased my jar and styrofoam ball at Michaels and spent about $5.  I had all of the other supplies on hand.

Here is Samantha's centerpiece:


Isn't it pretty?  I immediately fell in love with it.

Here is the one I created:

Almost the same, yet a little different.  I used the Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the flowers out.  They were cut at 2.5", then I adhered them with corsage pins.  I used Pink Passion Stampin Up cardstock (which is a retired color).  I didn't have pink ribbon to match, so I took some white satin ribbon and dyed it with Pink Passion ink.  I am really pleased with the results and have it sitting on one of my shelves.

Hopefully  tomorrow I can  get a few thank you cards made.  I have an idea what I want to do (again, the original came from Pinterest), I just need to see if what I have on hand will work. 

Photobucket

0 comments: