Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Highs and Lows

Today has been a great high and some really low lows.  I'm still not sure whether to be happy or depressed.  My nature is one of not letting the bad stuff get me down, but I'm not sure I can take any more.  The day started out really great with with 2 birthday cards from my husband and son sitting on the counter.  I was also taken to lunch by some very good friends and they gave me some awesome b-day goodies.  Good food, good friends, cool gifts, a girl can get really spoiled... until I got home.  I was checking email and my inbox had 10 job rejection emails.  It is so frustrating knowing you are a great candidate for a job and get told "no" repeatedly.  I don't know what to do anymore.  I have had several recruiters tell me my resume and cover letter is one of the best they have seen, so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.  I keep hearing on the news that the Texas job market is getting stronger and stronger, but being unemployed since August is now taking a toll on my confidence.  So, it was a great day, and yet it was a depressing day.  I know there is a plan for me and I keep telling myself God will provide as He has done all summer, but my human-ness keeps wondering "when" and "how much longer do I need to wait?".  What lesson am I supposed to be learning?  

I also found out I didn't make the design team that tried out for.  I'm not so upset by that since the ladies that were chosen are uber talented.  But in a day of several rejections, this was the icing on my b-day cake!

I am going to work really hard on keeping my blog updated (use it as my diary of sorts) as well as posting any new craft items I have completed.  I have one item in progress and hope to have it completed by the end of the week.  I found a centerpiece on Pinterest and fell in love with it, so I am creating my own.  So far, I'm really pleased with my creation and how it is turning out.

I will keep pushing along with a smile on my face, but would sure like to catch a break one of these days.

Photobucket

0 comments: