Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year, New Beginnings

It has been a really long time since I have posted.  One of my "new beginnings" is to update my blog on a regular basis instead of letting it sit in cyberspace and collect dust! :-)

I have been crafting non-stop since my last post and have come up with some new things.  Here are just 2 of the items I have made:

I made the jar for my sister who loves dogs.  I used the Paper Pups cartridge and cut out a border (in brown vinyl) 2 times and placed it on the bottom of the jar, then I cut the butterflies out in pink vinyl.  I added some embellishment flowers to the lid and accented the rest of the jar with ribbons.  The jar and the candlestick are from HL.


I was asked to make a set of thank you cards from a friend who does jewelry parties.  The original idea of the card base came from Julie Kraling of 3 Girl Jam.  I used the book feature from Elegant Edges (cut at 5"), then I took the ring from Tie the Knot and the necklace from Paisley.  The sentiment is from Storybook.  I used Cricut Craft Room to play with sizes, but ended up cutting them out individually on my Expression (CCR was not playing nicely in my sandbox that day!).  I put Crystal Effects from SU on the ring and the stone of the necklace to give it some shine. The pleated ribbon is from Joanns.

One of my goals this year is to be on a design team.  There is a design team call for one of my favorite blogs and I am submitting these two projects as my entry.

My short-term work project ended sooner than planned, so I am once again job hunting.  I know there is a plan for me and will be revealed at just the right moment.  In the meantime, I am very thankful for what I have and count all my blessings.  

Photobucket

0 comments: